The Story So Far:

Monday 31 October 2011

Halloween Target Day

Well, it's the first target after the ultimate target. 


Things have slowed down to a canter and I have achieved what I wanted to achieve today.


Slowly but surely, it's all going in the right direction. Did I mention slowly?


Anyhoo....


This morning LRD stepped on her scales and the numbers said:


13 Stone 6.5 pounds

So that's nice, I'm more or less back at what I was just before I went off to Italy on holiday and ate all of their produce.

I really would have liked to have had more off, but I went to a party on saturday night and drank wine. Naughty, naughty wine. Also ate cake. Naughty, naughty cake.

So I'm not distraught about the slow burn really, I know what I did and didn't do, so yeah. All's well.

I've set myself the next target as you'll see on my twitter page: http://twitter.com/lastresortdiet 

Next target is for a wedding that I'm going to on the 10th of December, so, I'm really gonna work hard and try to get 6.5lbs off by that Monday the 5th December, which will get me to the 13 stone boundary (dammit I want to get to that number so much!!).


An extra treat for you today!

Pumpkin and Vegetable Risotto - Serves 2 gluttons like me and Dearly Beloved - Serves about 3 - 4 normal humans:

Half an Edible Pumpkin - Peeled and chopped into pieces approx 2 inches
3 Cloves of Garlic - Peeled and Crushed with the back of a knife
150g Risotto Rice
Approx 1 Litre Stock - I used Chicken stock
1 Courgette - Roughly Chopped
1 Red Onion - Chopped in Rings
1 Red Pepper - Roughly Chopped
1 Can (410g) Haricot Beans 
Large Sprig of Sage chopped
Salt and pepper
Glug of Olive Oil
Knob of butter
Glass of white wine

Preheat the oven to approx 180 degrees Centigrade


Place the Pumpkin and the Garlic in a roasting dish and cover with some olive oil, half of the sage and some salt and pepper to season. Put into the oven for 10 minutes.


After 10 minutes add the Courgette and Red Pepper to the dish and cook for a further 10 minutes.


At this stage make up your chicken stock and place in a pot on a low heat to keep it warm.  


In another pot, melt the butter over a medium heat and add the rice to it once the butter has melted. Stir till the rice is coated and warmed through. Add the glass of white wine, stir till the white wine is encorporated.


Add the Red onion to the veggies.


Add the stock a ladle at a time stirring over a medium heat till half the stock is used.  Add the beans and stir more.


Continue with the rest of the stock a ladle at a time till the rice is no longer absorbing and has gone nice and soft.


Take the vegetables out of the oven when ready (this may be before the risotto rice is ready, so keep an eye on it!) 


Add the rest of the sage to the veggies, then add the veggies to the rice.


Stir


Add parmesan and seasoning to taste. 


Enjoy!


I made this tonight. It was darn good :)





No comments:

Post a Comment