The Story So Far:

Saturday 22 October 2011

Back from the land of bread and cheese

Remember how I was worried about going on holiday and going a bit mental (I may have only voiced this worry on twitter) with my eating and drinking and screwing up a load of good work and I was intending on being really good and doing loads of walking and behaving myself?


Yeah, that kinda didn't happen......


Did you know, that the bread and cheese and wine and ice cream in Italy is nicer than any others in the entire world?


I KNOW!!!


Insane.


It is though.


Let me tell you about the Amarena Cherry, and how it makes me eat ice cream in a way that is deserving of the worst ice cream headaches in the world.


http://7streetmarketplace.com/Amarena-Fabbri-Wild-Cherries-in-Heavy/M/B004TSU3RE.htm?traffic_src=GB&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=GB&id=uk

These little bad boys here.


They are the most delicious sour cherries preserved in a glorious sugary syrup that tickles your taste buds in a way that I can only describe as heavenly.  You pop the cherry at the front of your mouth and let the sour juice and the sweet syrup flow down your tongue to the back of your throat and just savour every miraculous second of it.


*ahem*


sorry, got a bit carried away there.


Anyway, I had a fair few of those.....


The majority of any exercise I did was overwhelmed by the utterly delicious food and wine that I drank in copious quantities.


So I do feel a little bit guilty now, however, I feel so much more relaxed about everything weight loss related now. I had been going a little bit mental about it all just before the holiday. Constantly tracking and reading and thinking about what I was going to be eating the rest of the week.


I have put a few pounds on this week (I think I'm going to skip official weigh in this Monday and just weigh in on target day - 31st October) but I've put myself on a week of maintenance 1200 calories to try to calm myself down. Remind myself that I don't need to sit in the kitchen all night slicing up a block of Manchego cheese into slivers devouring it on water biscuits.


I am glad to be home and back in control now though.  It makes me feel good that I know that I can go away and indulge myself for a week and then come home and get right back to good habits again. I know for a fact that in the past I would have carried on being that indulgent in the past and undone *months* of good.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a fabulous holiday! I gave myself a free pass for my three weeks, not that I was planning on going overboard and indulging every day but that I wouldn't feel guilty about that second pint of beer with my uncles. I was a tad surprised when I found out that after three weeks of not paying attention to what I ate or drank, I was down 5lbs! Sometimes, I think the lack of stress is just as important to losing the weight as the food :)

    Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete