The Story So Far:

Tuesday 1 May 2012

End of the Shred

Missed a Target this month.  


Not annoyed about it though...


So, I've been doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred DVD for the past 2 months.  I have *not* done it in 30 days. It would have killed me. Woman is crazy!  But I have done it in 2 months. I started on the 1st March and have maintained other forms of cardio (my beloved swimming) when I have missed days of the Shred.  Today will be Day 30, level 3 day 10.


I have to say, I feel pretty damn proud of myself :)  It's a hell of a workout, no matter the fact that it's only 20 (27 actually, she leaves out the warmup and cooldown times, just sayin') minutes long doesn't take from the fact that your arms and legs and ass and shoulders absolutely kill you the next day! 


My weightloss has slowed right down to around about half a pound a week, which is what I think is healthy for me now. 


This weeks weighin gave me:


12 Stone 4 Pounds

172 Pounds

I had set the target of 170lbs, but, I don't feel too bad about missing it.  I have seen a slow down of loss - probably mostly to do with the fact that I'm eating more calories, but also because of the nature of the workouts I'm doing now.


The circuit training that the DVD does actually includes a hell of a lot of body weight resistance training that I have been quite lacking for a while, so I do think that I've been gaining a little bit of lean muscle over the last few months.  I hope so anyway :D  I'll see what happens when I'm doing different cardio.


I haven't taken any measurements, I kinda wish I had, but I had to go on an emergency Bra shop on my lunch break yesterday, cause the bra that I was wearing was just too big! I only bought it about 2 months ago!
Anyway, I've been convinced that I'm sitting on a plateau of muscle mass, but I looked back over my numbers for the last couple of months and actually it looks like I am right on track for an average of half a pound a week.  I have seen a big slowdown since I took that horrible dose of the flu in february march kind of time, but actually, it was around that time that I upped my calories and moved more towards the maintenance side of things. So I am pretty happy with where I am.


Glad that I bother to keep stats, keeps me sane when there's weekly fluctuations :)


I've reset my target to be 170lbs again by the start of June,  but I shan't hold my breath for that one. May contains many dinners out and a holiday in a foreign clime that may involve a lot of red wine and dinners out :) (can't wait!)


There will be a swimming pool there though, so hopefully I'll be able to get an hour of swimming in a few of the days :)


(Have I mentioned how much I love swimming?)


Happy losing boys and girls.



No comments:

Post a Comment