The Story So Far:

Friday 13 April 2012

Exercise Addiction and this weeks weighin

Yeah, I know, never thought this would be something that I would have to think about ever....

This week I've got some seriously tired muscles. Seriously tired. My legs are a little bit jellified and my shoulders are sore and tight.

That being said, I feel pretty awesome! Everything feels like it's working the way that it needs to work!

BUT

I think I really do need a couple of days off from exercise in order to allow the old bod to repair itself. The fatigue that I'm feeling is more than normal!

I took yesterday off cause I had some family matters to attend to, but my goodness, the mood I was in this morning without my little endorphin hit yesterday. I nearly didn't go to my swimming lesson because my head was all fuggy and heavy!

I forced myself to go to my lesson and I swear, the second I got into the water I felt a million times better. A few lengths and I could take on the whole world!!

So I'm a little bit anxious about stopping and making myself go into a funk.

All I seem to think about at the minute is exercise and food. I really need to go on a holiday from it all. 

I really want to make it to my goal though! 

It's the weirdest feeling though, on my days off, I can't seem to go through a whole day without that anxious feeling of "I should be doing something, you're supposed to be jumping up and down to something now, why aren't you in the pool?" kind of feeling. Which is good in a way, but I really need to have a period of time where I don't do anything at all. My muscles need to recover.

I read this wikipedia article today which says it all for me really:


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtraining

Go read it, I'll wait for you......Done? Good.

Sound like what I'm rambling about? Yeah I thought so too.

So, the way I'm looking at it at the moment is, I have about 6 days left of the 30 day shred to go before I've met that challenge. At that point I will take a whole 3 days off (in a row!) and see how I feel.

Then I will look into making a brand new challenge for myself :)

No loss on the weighin this week, but I know for a fact that my muscles are full of water and working hard at repairing themselves this week, so I'm looking forward to my recovery week weighin to see how I have actually done :)

Hope you guys are all doing great!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment