The Story So Far:

Monday 28 November 2011

"Don't you lose too much!"

I had to share this, cause I didn't think that anyone would ever say it to me, but I've had 2 in a week now.


Todays weighin went as follows:


12 Stone 13.25 Pounds

How good is that?!?!


Anyhoo, I'm currently at 181.25lbs in weight, 13.25 lbs in the overweight range of BMI and about 31lbs from my final goal.


This week 2 people have said to me "Have you much more to lose? Your face looks so thin now, you don't want to go too far!"


Hilarious!!


I realise that a lot of people can take these things to extremes, but I have got a final goal in sight. I'm not going to let other people giving me compliments (as lovely as that is and please don't stop!) to sidetrack me from getting to a healthy weight.


HOWEVER


I am very close to the time when I think I will have to rethink what I'm doing.


I've been on a calorie deficit for a 1lb loss per week for a good few months now, and I have to say, it's been going pretty well. I am however now thinking about lowering my defecit again.  


I read an article on myfitnesspal this week that hit home with me on how my body really works. 


I need to work on my muscles. That means I really should be doing more strength training (nothing too extreme, body weight resistance stuff and a few hand weight exercises) and upping my fuel intake.


The gist of the article was that as your bmi gets closer to a healthy range, you run the risk of using your lean muscle as fuel instead of the fat that's left in your body when you exercise (or indeed as you just exist!).  In order to overcome that, you actually need to eat more! Now, not a bucketful of KFC kind of more, still the same nice healthy things that you've been enjoying with a large defecit so far.


So, I'm not quite ready to make the step yet, but I think, after Christmas I will re-evaluate my diet and my goals and see where I am.


Hopefully in a position where I haven't gone bonkers barmy over Christmas and gained too much!


Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment