The Story So Far:

Monday 19 September 2011

Sticking with it and weighin

I am sitting in my living room with a cup of coffee feeling a little bit smug, and a little bit knackered.  Partly to do with the early morning shifts I've been doing in work the past few days but mostly to do with how early I got up this morning to go to the swimming pool.

YES! Look impressed!

I got up at 7am this morning and headed straight out to the swimming pool (got up too late to eat anything I'm afraid, but it'll not kill me) and did about 30 minutes practising the moves that the swimming teacher gave me last week. I bought myself a set of goggles and a new swimsuit - one that isn't falling off me - during the week and have been really looking forward to this morning.  I was so pleased with myself for managing what I did!

The goggles made so much of a difference! I was able to see where I was going, I was able to control where I was going so that I wasn't going into the wrong lane. It was great!  

I have to say, although I'm proud of what I managed to do this morning, it has really reminded me how unfit I am. In between doing my little half lengths of the pool (still a bit frightened to go into the deep end), I was resting for a few minutes in between turns cause my body was kinda screaming at me for making it work so hard. Heart rate up very quickly! Felt incredible though. Need to learn the breathing now :D

I really want to stick with this, I can just feel it increasing my core strength and my arm strength and my control of my whole body. That's something that I am missing quite desperately really.

I'm looking at the process like learning to drive again, but driving my whole body this time.  Hoping that it will increase my coordination, balance and tone up a load of wobbly bits.  Might even help me with my desire to learn to ride a bicycle :D:D:D:D:D

Got back from my swim and a lovely sauna (sooo toasty warm) and did my weighin - 13 stone 10 and a half pounds!  (192.5lbs)  a good 2.25lbs off this week.  Very pleased.

My calorie deficits this week have been: Monday 606, Tuesday 1,076, Wednesday 980, Thursday 600. Despite eating approx 1500 everyday!

Exercise has been helping me a lot. I've had a good week with plenty of days that I've been able to do a DVD and my first ever swimming lesson and sticking to it :D it's great.

Feeling great. 

This week won't be as good I'm sure, got some crappy shifts this week, but I can feel myself starting down a really good road with this :).

I'm excited to be learning new things :)

1 comment:

  1. w00t w00t on the learning something new!!

    Maybe after you complete the six peaks challenge you can swim the Channel ;)

    ReplyDelete